ARTIST ENTERTAINMENT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Agreements shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
2. The agency supplying the artist is Artist Entertainment and the person/company hiring the artiste shall be written as “the hirer”. The act/performer/celebrity shall be written as “the artist” and shall be interpreted to represent “the artists” where more than one person makes up the act/duo/group.
3. The person ordering the artist must have the approval of the hirer.
4. Travel and Accommodation requested must be booked and paid for by the hirer no later than 14 days before the date of the event. Artist Entertainment reserve the right to terminate the event without refund if this is not provided.
5. Any non-compliance of this agreement will be treated as breach of contract and 100% Cancellation Fee shall apply. Terms & Conditions shall apply once the order form is signed and returned by the hirer, or in the absence of signature, when the hirer makes any payment towards the cost of the booking.
6. Private contact clause: Direct contact between the hirer and artist, (or the artist’s management/representative) by any method (at any time prior or after event) is strictly prohibited other than to discuss essential details of the event whilst at the venue. Artist Entertainment reserve the right to cancel the event at any time with no refund for this breach of contract and may not permit the hirer to making further bookings with the company.
7. If the artist is to be booked again by the same hirer or venue this must be made through Artist Entertainment if within 18 months of this booking or a Booking Fee of 15% of the artist’s fee will be charged to the hirer for breach of contract.
8. No radio, television broadcast, or media photo/interview involving the artiste may be made without the prior permission of Artist Entertainment.
9. The hirer agrees that artist’s fees, commission, or any financial agreements will not be discussed with artist or their management at any time prior or after event. Artist Entertainment reserve the right to cancel the event at any time with no refund for this breach of contract and may not permit the hirer to making further bookings with the company.
10. If the hirer wishes to change the date of this event this will be treated as a full cancellation unless the artist agrees to accept another date.
11. Any additional costs incurred by the artist at the event or at a hotel will not be paid for by Artist Entertainment without prior authorisation.
12. Artist Entertainment will (if required) provide photographs of the artist however high resolution images may not always be available. The hirer may need to source high resolution images from a photo stock agency at their own cost.
13. The hirer must not use any pictures/photos/images/logos/wording for promotion without obtaining prior permission from Artist Entertainment. Flyer artwork/tweets or Facebook comments must be authorised by Artist Entertainment or artist management before going to print/posted/uploaded online to website, as in-correct use will result in immediate cancellation of the event and respective cancellation fees shall apply. The hirer agrees not to tweet any defamatory comments regarding the artist at any time.
14. The hirer must not use any pictures/photos/images/logos which are subject to copyright. Artist Entertainment will not be responsible for any use of copyright material by the hirer.
15. The artist must be advertised only as stated to avoid breach of contract.
16. A live performance (e.g. “3/4 songs to backing track”) must not be advertised as a “Concert” as this will be a breach of contract.
17. The artist will not appear at the event if the payment has not been received or if any travel or accommodation has not been provided (and paid for in full) as requested in the contract or artist’s rider/request – appropriate cancellation fees shall apply.
18. Cancellation of the booking by hirer must only be made in writing/email to the Booking Office of Artist Entertainment or email@example.com.
19. No claim for advertising/damages/travel/accommodation/loss of trade involved shall be made by the hirer if the artist cancels the booking for any reason, at any time. Artist Entertainment cannot be held responsible for non-fulfillment of the booking by the artist although every reasonable safeguard is assured. A full refund will be issued in the event of the artist cancelling this booking.
20. Artist Entertainment will terminate the appearance of the artist at any time if health and safety conditions at the venue are not adhered to or if the artist is placed in a position of danger or distress – In this event, neither compensation, nor refund of fees will be paid.
21. The artist will not appear at event if the Artist Rider (if issued) has not been fulfilled as requested prior to event – For “DJ Sets” and “Live performances” Artist Entertainment will terminate the appearance if equipment at the venue is not provided as previously requested or if the venue is not suitable for the performance, and in this situation, no compensation or refund of fees will be paid.
22. Funds must be cleared by the due date to prevent cancellation of the event. Payment via BACS.
23. In the event of the artist being unable to perform because of illness or accident the hirer will be informed immediately and a Medical Certificate forwarded to the hirer (if obtained) FULL REFUND of fees shall be made but no additional claim for damages/costs (including Flights/Hotel Rooms/Promotion/Travel) involved shall be made by the hirer.
24. Radio, TV, film, recording production and important media commitments will take priority over this booking and in the event of the artist being unable to perform this event FULL REFUND of fees shall be made but no additional claim for damages/costs (including Flights/Hotel Rooms/Promotion/Travel) involved shall be made by the hirer.
25. Any additional time over the agreed duration at the venue will be at the artist’s discretion.
26. Any transportation provided by the hirer for the artist must be fully roadworthy/insured and be a reasonable standard of vehicle.
27. If the hirer wishes to amend any wording of these terms this must be done on return for consideration by the agent. If acceptable a replacement agreement will be issued.